Thread: SE Okla & NE Texas here

Thanks

Cool SE Okla & NE Texas here

I live in SE Okla, in the Durant/Hugo/McAlester, OK area & have more connections to NE TX than to central OK.
    I'm still a fairly new prepper, having started a year ago. Am collecting the usual water, food, guns stuff, as well as books & articles on prepping. Read survivalblog.com almost daily. I'm a 50-something guy married w/ our last child about to leave home & move up north. My wife tolerates most of my prepping. Our son (who lives in Houston) is a libertarian & big time gun owner, but hasn't stocked any food or water. Our daughters seem to think I've gone over the deep end, but both came to the shooting range w/ us in March.

I'd like to make connections with other preppers in SE OK & NE TX, to learn from each other & encourage each other on the survivalist way. Depending on how far away from each other we are, maybe meet together, or have a conference call. Or just email each other. I'm open.

If u reply, please share a little about yourself, & what u're looking for in connecting with others in our area.

PS: The Preppers of E TX (POETs) meetup.com group is having a Sustainability Fair in Greenville, TX on Oct. 19. I'm willing to give someone a ride or carpool, or meet there.
    Last edited by Red; 08-06-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks
    For those in E Okla, on Nov 23-24, Tulsa, OK will host a "Back to Basics Show". The contact is Rod Taylor at 918-946-3992.

Thanks
    Hello and welcome!

I live in Houston and thought I'd pass on a contact to you. You said your son is in Houston and is a libertarian. Sounds like me. Welcome, again, to this forum. I look forward to chatting with you further in this adventure.
    Philippians 4:6,7
    Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Thanks
    Thanks TexanC, I'll pass that along. He's not really into prepping other than the guns & shooting & huge 2nd amendment fan. If u're willing send me a private message (see above left) w/ ur email address, I'll pass it along to him (& promise not to post it or share it anywhere else.) He's on the NW side of houston.
    Last edited by Red; 10-30-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks
    That's opening weekend of the deer rifle season. They might have a tough time drawing these boys out of the woods in S E OKlahoma.