I am happy to announce the Prepared Christian Forum! Here are a few quick announcements about it.
I pray that God builds this into a community of Prepared Christians helping one another on our preparedness journey. I have a pretty extensive forum list. If you see something I missed, please let me know in the Tech Support forum.
In an effort to keep the spammers at bay, I am requiring all applicants to verify their account by clicking a link that is emailed to them. Their account will then be placed into a pool waiting for me to activate. For now, I am the only administrator. I will be activating accounts as fast as I can, but please be patient if I don’t get to it right away. If your account has not been activated in 24 hours, you can email me and I will look into it. My email is chris @ preparedchristian.net
Here are the forum rules. They are also posted in the forum. I want this forum to be a family friendly place. I don’t foresee many problems. I also don’t think that just because this is a Christian-themed forum, we’re all going to get along perfectly. All I ask is that you treat one another with respect, and remember that we serve the same King and are accountable to Him.
- While I do believe and support freedom of speech, comments made on this forum are not subject to it. This is a privately owned forum, owned by a Christian man with family values. This does not mean that you must be a Christian to comment. However, your comments must be suitable for a family audience. If there is anything posted that I believe is not in line with that, I will remove it at my discretion.
- Posts, usernames and/or signatures may not include any offensive or derogatory content.
- Profanity is not allowed and profanity filters are in place.
- As this is a Christian based forum, discussion of Christianity and the Bible are allowed. However, this site isn’t denominational. It’s about preparing the body of Christ, not arguing over who is in it. Bashing of denominations will not be tolerated.
- Discussion of politics is not allowed. However, you are allowed to discuss specific actions by Politian’s and/or legislation that may relate to preparedness or that may threaten liberty.
- Racism is not allowed. I understand there might be times when there is a need to discuss ethnic groups. When doing so, do so without being derogatory or racist.
- Posted pictures must be rated no higher than PG. Anything that shows more flesh than that will be removed. If you continually post inappropriate pictures after being given a warning, you will be banned.
- Posting pictures that are of a gory or violent nature should be rated no higher than PG as well.
- Discussion or advocacy of illegal activity is not allowed.
- Attacking another poster is not allowed. You can strongly disagree with one another, but model Christ’s behavior and do so in love. You can disagree with a message but do not attack the messenger.
- Starting a thread with nothing more than a title and a link is not allowed.
- When posting copyrighted material you may post an excerpt and a link, but not the entire article.
- Posts are not actively monitored for the contents of posted messages and I am not responsible for any messages posted. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact me immediately by using the “Report Post” icon at the bottom of each message posted. I have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if I determine that removal is necessary.
- The messages express the view of the author, not necessarily of Prepared Christian.
- Advertising your business or attempting to generate business or the advertising of other forums or blogs is not allowed without prior approval from Chris Ray.
Get to Know One Another
I have added a few different places where we can come together as a community. There is a men’s and women’s section, a place for prayer requests and praise reports. I have also added a section for finding people that live in your general area.
I have added a feature that gives readers the ability to “thank” a poster by clicking a little “thumbs up” icon that says thanks.
Iron Sharpens Iron
I have a special section for other preparedness bloggers. My thinking here is that iron sharpens iron. This will be a place where we can share helpful information, pray for each other and for our readers. If you are a preparedness blogger and are interested, please send me an email and include your forum name and a link to your blog. I will send you the password for the forum. If you know any bloggers who might be interested, please let them know.
With that said, head over the Prepared Christian Forum, create your account so I can activate it and then swing into the New Member Welcome Area and introduce yourself.